How To Get Good Backlinks To Your Website
A good backlink is a link that sends traffic to your website. No matter if the link is do follow, no follow or a redirect, as long as it sends new visitors to your website, the link is good. Now the million-dollar question is how do you earn good backlinks? Keep reading because I will show you several ways you can build high quality links to your website.
Why you need good backlinks
Asides from sending direct traffic, backlinks will help you achieve better rankings in search engines. However, if you will build bad backlinks, you will end up being penalized, and lose most of your organic traffic. When you build backlinks, you have to be very cautious not to leave footprints, and make the links look natural.
Backlinks can also help you create business relationships with other people in your niche.
The very first thing to start is to create a good internal linking system. An internal link is a link from one of your website’s page, to another page of your site. Internal links can help visitors navigate your site easily. This is one way to build backlinks to your most important articles.
Write guest posts for popular websites in your niche. No, guest posting is not dead, not even close. As long as you will write awesome content for reputable websites, you are safe. If you want to build backlinks using guest posts, these are a few tips you should consider:
· Don’t write only for the purpose of getting a do follow backlink. Remember the rule that a link is good when it sends traffic. Sometimes, websites that use no follow links for guest authors will be more valuable for your business.
· Don’t use money anchor texts in your author bio, and don’t over optimize anything.
· Always link to your social media accounts in the author bio, to get more followers and engagement.
· Write fantastic content that gets hundreds of shares, and you will be invited to write again.
· Share and promote the articles you write for other websites.
· So, how do you find guest posting opportunities? You have three options.
o The first one is to check if the most important websites in your niche are accepting guest contributors. If they do, you can send your request to become an author.
o The second option is to look for websites that accept such contributors, using the following footprints in Google:“Write for us + keyword”
“Guest post by + keyword”
“Guest contributor + keyword”
“Guest author + keyword”
· And the third option is to learn who your competitors are that are writing guest posts on other websites. The easiest way to do this, is to use Monitor Backlinks.
Once logged in to your account, and connected your domain with Google Analytics, you can add your competitor’s whose strategy you would like to monitor. Monitor Backlinks will show you all the backlinks your competitors have, and it will send you weekly emails with all the new links they have earned or built. For instance, if your competitor is a contributor on Huffington Post, you can try to become one as well.